How to enroll at UA Lakewood
UA Lakewood operates under a policy of rolling admissions, which means you will receive a letter of admission as soon as all of your credentials are on file with us. However, no decision can be made final until complete credentials are received. Because of that, there is no established date for notification since it is an ongoing procedure. If you have questions, or for further information please contact us by e-mail:
- Complete and return an application form and a $50.00 nonrefundable fee.
(The application form may also be completed by using UA's Online Application)
You will have the opportunity to select Lakewood as campus of attendance.
- Submit the necessary credentials:
- All new freshmen must submit a high school transcript or GED scores.
- All new freshmen under age 21 must submit ACT or SAT scores in addition to high school transcript and/or GED scores, and a college preparatory form when appropriate.
- All transfer students must request an official transcript from each college attended.
- All R.N./L.P.N.s must request a transcript from nursing schools attended.
Click on the following links to find out more information about the admission procedures for the various student types:
- New Freshmen
- College Credit Plus (previously Postsecondary)
- Transfer Students
- Adult Students
- International Students
- Graduate Students
- Postbaccalaureate Students
- Guest/Transient Students (already enrolled at another accredited institution), or
- Special Students (nondegree-seeking)
3. Complete assessment testing in reading, math and English in order to be placed in appropriate courses. Meet with an academic adviser for proper placement and scheduling assistance.
4. Once you are registered, refer to your bill for fees payment deadlines. Payment of fees completes the registration process.
If you apply to the Akron campus, but later decide to attend UA Lakewood, you need not complete another application for admission. Akron will simply forward your application to the UA Lakewood campus.